Tuesday 7 April 2009

No I haven't lost any weight-just getting better at holding it in!

The lake was created by the natural flooding of a china clay pit. There are many of these in the St.Austell area. This one is a couple of miles from the Eden Project. Looks like we could be walking there one of the days.





Through the woods at the back of Anne's house on our way to the lake.


Another walk- you must be joking!




Sunday 5th April A lie-in at last but how long can I pretend to be asleep!


The Grand National and it's so exciting- my horse was winning right up until the last few fences then the stupid thing fell over, but my other horse came second so we will be having a special trip out to spend my winnings-£1.25!



Newquay at it's worst- just like Blackpool Anne thinks- I'm like a kid in a sweet shop!



Fed up with my miserable face and moaning about the walk we had to do to get back to the car, Anne suggested that I might like to find alternative accommodation - how about this?


Well what a surprise just around the corner from Fistral Beach and its many surfers- the Lewennick Lodge restaurant and bar- what a fabulous view and even better they were showing the footie! Only one problem there was a price to pay, half -time meant yet another walk! Happy that Spurs were winning I skipped off along the headland. (well nearly!) We won't mention the second half at all except to say that the beer was £3.20 a pint.

That's a bit better but where's the pub and what about the footie?






















After a precarious walk along the cliff I needed a sit down- but not this close to the edge surely?



























Saturday 4th April

The weekend at last and a nice quiet day- watch the footie and then the Grand National....................wrong!
We were off to Newquay for just a bit of a stroll around Pentire Headland - and yes I had heard that one before, but OS map 104 in hand, we were off.

No comments:

Post a Comment